The WFDF COVID-19 Working Group have been monitoring the situation and have also worked with the LOC to ensure that
national and local governmental and health agency advice and criteria for the event are met in full. WFDF also has a
social responsibility to each and every participant, to ensure you are able to attend the event and play so that world champions
can be crowned in each division and to get you all back home safe and healthy.
Players & participants are responsible for taking necessary health and safety precautions to minimize the spread of the virus by following these recommendations:
- Avoid transmission of COVID-19 by reducing your physical contact to an absolute minimum
- Practice cleanliness, handwashing, and sanitizing in busy areas.
- Consider wearing a mask in indoor areas like buses, hotel lobbies, bathrooms, etc.
- Players are encouraged to keep their distance off the field and to avoid high fives.
- Spirit Circles should be conducted with a distance of at least 2 metres between players.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of active COVID-19 must self isolate immediately and get yourself tested.
- Anyone with a positive test result must self isolate immediately and not return to the venue until you are officially cleared with a negative test result.
- Anyone living with a person who is displaying symptoms or has been diagnosed with a positive test must self test for the next 3 days. Living with is regarded as a close contact and encompasses sharing a hotel or dorm room, or sharing a full house if booked at an AirBnB or private home.
WFDF will be monitoring a register for all people who either present symptoms, have a positive test or who are living as a close contact with a positive case. Anyone in this category must immediately inform WFDF via the online COVID-19 Status Form link: